How does the "Random Blog" button work?
(1) No pornographic or otherwise offensive material. If you have clicked "Next Blog >>" as much as I have, I know you've stumbled onto quite a few of these, and it always seems to happen as someone is walking by the computer...
(2) No foreign language blogs. I think the culture of other nations is great, though I can't speak much of any language besides English. I do have an entire section devoted to these blogs, but they don't appear in this rotation. Too often I'd be browsing the "Next Blogs" and a indecipherible Spanish blog would come up...or worse, a blog with Asian characters that don't even format correctly in my browser.
(3) More than just blogspot. Blogspot is huge, but there are a ton of non-blogspot blogs out there that get no respect in the "Next Blog >>" button. Well, they are given equal distribution here...MySpace, Xanga, LiveJournal, and more!
(4) Every blog in this rotation is run by someone who cares enough about their blog that they actively sought out ways to promote it and they should be regularly updated.
(5) No more spam blogs! All these blogs are run by real people with real messages that they want to write about.
(6) And finally...your blog can be a part of it too. Just participate in the free link exchange program and your blog will join the rotation. With more visitors per day than there are blogs in the rotation, it's likely that everyday someone new will be coming to visit your site.
If you find a blog that snuck in some pornographic or offensive material, or one that hasn't been updated in over a month, just let me know (in the comments section) and I'll have it removed ASAP!
Also, blogs that have previously held the "Bestest Blog of the Day" title are 3 times more likely to come up than other blogs. High quality = more likely, the way it should be.
If you want your blog to come up more often than all the others in the rotation, it's as easy as becoming a "Premium Blog" (click here to find out how!).
If you have any other questions, feel free to leave me a comment on this post or email me.