Bestest Blog of the Day: 11/01/2006

Cathy's Rants and Ramblings
Cathy is a 54 year old mother and grandmother who is just now discovering how great of a place the internet is. Sheraised over $500 in the Blogathon 2006, she's a full-fledged member of the Blogaholics Anonymous, she has recently shown unwaivering support and care for her pregnant daughter-in-law, and she writes inspiringly about her arthritis and total knee replacement surgery.

These are all interesting facets of her blog, but she had another idea that really made her stand out from the rest of the crowd in my book. Cathy came up with the idea of Blog Blast Friday. This is another one of those "bloggers helping bloggers" ideas that I am so very fond of. The idea is that you submit the link to a post that you are particularly proud of, and Cathy hosts all the links in one place for everyone to check out. It's kind of like a "best of" for bloggers. Kind of similar to "blog carnivals" (like Grand Rounds that Dr. A often talks about.

In any case, Cathy's first "Friday Blog Blast" is THIS FRIDAY! She was hoping to get at least 10 articles, but I'm hoping she gets a lot more. Posts on ANY topic will be accepted this time around (in the future, she may do topics week to week). So, if you're interested in participating and gaining a little extra exposure for your blog while featuring one of the articles you are most proud of. Just send Cathy an email cathy(dot)aus(at)gmail(dot)com with a link to your article. And don't forget to check back on Friday once the Blog Blast is up and running!

In summary, that's "Cathy's Rants and Ramblings", for some great blogging and a really great blogging idea! Tell her that Bestest Blog sent ya!

Comments

Wow 500 bucks nice :)
Anonymous said…
Bobby, This was such a surprise for me..I can't thank you enough!

You have profiled so many wonderful blogs. I am very honored and proud to be in such wonderful company.
GenoPetro.House said…
Bobby, I link exchanged with you several weeks ago but Technorati
isnt reorting it. Can yoy advise?
Thank yoy,

Geno
Bobby Griffin said…
Hi Geno,

For some reason Technorati is showing my blog as not having been updated in over 2 months, when I have actually made about 100 posts in that time. I contacted support about 2 weeks ago, but have not heard back from them yet.

However, Google, Yahoo, MSN etc. are all showing proper linkage, and they are what really count.
Dr. A said…
Bobby, Great choice! Cathy is one of my faves. As always, thanks for the plugs to my blog.

Technorati is very strange. The tell me I haven't posted in three months, and I just rechecked right now and they updated me. I can't believe they have me with 323 links!

Oh yeah, don't worry. I'll make a comeback to your number one spot of the premium blogs. It's all in the timing, you know. HA!
Barb said…
He (Dr. A) just was at my blog earlier congratulating me on being number one lol

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you!

Link Exchange Form